Баннер ФЗ-54
24 декабря 2008, 00:00 2226 просмотров

Woolworths (UK) could be rescued for just GBP30 million (USD54.06 million)

Woolworths could be rescued for as little as GBP30 million (USD54.06 million). Potential buyers have been approached to take on the stores as Woolworths faces a 5 January closure deadline imposed by administrators Deloitte. Buyers would be given the shops free of charge but would be obliged to inject GBP30 million (USD54.06 million) of working capital into the business to pay suppliers and staff in a pre-pack administration deal that would see the 125 stores continue to trade under the Woolworths brand. A pre-pack deal would also allow the new company to re-negotiate its leases with its landlords, who would be hard pressed to turn them down. Woolworths Executive Tony Page, who was in charge of the retail operation, is heading one of the consortiums looking at the proposal. Page has been in talks with a series of distressed debt funds to try to secure the backing needed for the deal. It is understood that under the terms of the plans, Page along with the rest of management would pick up 20% of the equity of the new company, with the remaining 80% being held by the turnaround specialist.

www.planetretail.net

Статья относится к тематикам: Retail, Зарубежный опыт торговли
Поделиться публикацией:
1 июля 2018 года - точка, когда кассами обзаведутс...
610
Михаил Иванцов, генеральный директор сети «Читай-г...
993
Сергей Вилков, директор сети «Бегемот», рассказал,...
1494
Торговый зал — лишь небольшая часть бизнеса. Наш м...
1582
Идея важнее денег, а покупатель - Бог
4620
Детализация плана продаж внутри магазина на планы ...
2445
Развитие обязательного канала продаж для современн...
900

Woolworths could be rescued for as little as GBP30 million (USD54.06 million). Potential buyers have been approached to take on the stores as Woolworths faces a 5 January closure deadline imposed by administrators Deloitte. Buyers would be given the shops free of charge but would be obliged to inject GBP30 million (USD54.06 million) of working capital into the business to pay suppliers and staff in a pre-pack administration deal that would see the 125 stores continue to trade under the Woolworths brand. A pre-pack deal would also allow the new company to re-negotiate its leases with its landlords, who would be hard pressed to turn them down. Woolworths Executive Tony Page, who was in charge of the retail operation, is heading one of the consortiums looking at the proposal. Page has been in talks with a series of distressed debt funds to try to secure the backing needed for the deal. It is understood that under the terms of the plans, Page along with the rest of management would pick up 20% of the equity of the new company, with the remaining 80% being held by the turnaround specialist.

www.planetretail.net

Woolworths (UK) could be rescued for just GBP30 million (USD54.06 million)Woolworths, UK, could, rescue, million, USD, buyers
https://www.retail.ru/local/templates/retail/images/logo/login-retail-big.png 243 67
Woolworths (UK) could be rescued for just GBP30 million (USD54.06 million)
https://www.retail.ru/local/templates/retail/images/logo/login-retail-big.png 243 67
SITE_NAME https://www.retail.ru
https://www.retail.ru/news/34636/2017-08-23